Monday, February 19, 2007

McCain

In the past 2 years I have gone from calling myself a Democrat to a Moderate. There are several reasons for this, but one of them is John McCain. I especially like this article from CNN. Rumsfield was a bigger failure than George Bush. I blame Bush for not accepting his resignation the times he had offered it before he finally left office. It was one of the many leadership-farts (very similar to a brain-fart but pertaining to leadership) that Bush has exhibited over his Presidency. Of course, the biggest leaderhip-fart was his response to the news that the World Trade Centers had been bombed, but I digress, and I am sure I will get around to blogging about this one later.

Bush keeping Rumsfield as the Secretary of State was almost as bad as Chan Gailey keeping Reggie Ball Georgia Tech's starter this past season. This was evinced when all of our receivers had record games when Reggie Ball didn't start.

Why has the American public been so incapable of acknowlidging leadership failures? Which brings my back to McCain. While I probably dont agree with him on every issue, such as his recent courtship with the conservatives (hey, I know it's politics), I believe he is a leader. Of all the potential men/women running for 2008, he is the one I would chose to follow into battle if I had to. I can't say that about Hillary, which is why I am not inclined to vote for her. Guliani or Obama, possibly, but right now, my man is McCain.

No comments: